Web App Hacking
Web application or web apps are the interface of a website to the Internet. Many of them are so poorly designed that it is relatively easy to take control or deface these sites. Many of the Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress, Drupal and Joomla have been shown to be bug riddled. Even when these are patched, these CMS's have a multitude of plug-ins that are often poorly designed.
In this series, we will first familiarize you with Web Technologies and terminology, then look at strategies of hacking web apps, then examine how to find vulnerabilities and then how to exploit them.
The tutorials in this series include;
1. Web Application Technologies, Part 1
2. Web App Hacking Overview and Strategy for Beginners
13. Using dirb to Find Hidden Directories
14. Using Wikto to Find Web App Vulnerabilities
15. Using TIDOS as a Comprehensive Web App Vulnerability Assessment
16. Local File Inclusion (LFI) Attack
17. Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF)